Ways to pay for charging
If a fast charging station requires payment, there are a few ways in which you can pay for the charge:
Option 1: Mobile application
Use the network-specific mobile app to set up a payment method within the app (see app for payment options).
- Get the BC Hydro EV app for BC Hydro stations (also supports FLO and ChargePoint)
- Use another app that’s supported by the BC Hydro EV network (FLO or ChargePoint)
Option 2: RFID Card
Order a network-specific RFID card and load funds onto it. This card can then be used at a fast charging station for payment.
- Get the BC Hydro EV RFID card (also activates FLO stations)
Option 3: QR Code
Scan the QR code on the charging station sticker.
- BC Hydro EV charging stations allow you to activate a charging session without a membership or RFID card.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile phone camera and follow the prompts to activate without a membership.
- You may see a $40 pending transaction on your credit card. This is a temporary hold which will be cleared once our payment system processes the cost and payment of your actual charging session.
In many cases, the network-specific mobile application can be used at a fast charging station instead of an RFID card.
However, we recommend also having a network-specific RFID card for cases in which you’re unable to access the mobile app (e.g. your phone battery dies, or you’re in an area where you don’t have mobile/internet connectivity).