Catch up on our EV stories and access helpful links
Our EV news and reports
- EV charging: More stations, health and COVID-19
- Good etiquette, good karma, at EV fast charge stations
- Survey: Lack of charging etiquette leads to conflict at the electric pump
- Report: British Columbians’ fueling habits have led to misconceptions about EV charging
- British Columbians willing to fly less to reduce carbon footprint
- Report: Road trip range anxiety is a major barrier to purchasing an EV
- Savings from fueling vehicle commute with electricity at all-time high
- Report: Myths block road to electric vehicle adoption
- Dave's Clean Getaway: Hitting the road in an EV
- Is it time to junk the gas-guzzler for an electric vehicle
Useful EV resources for B.C.
- CEV for BC
- Plug In BC
- Calculate charging times (Pluginbc.ca)
- Fleetcarma's Charge BC Program
- Emotive: The Electric Vehicle Experience
- Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association
- Victoria EV Club
- SCRAP-IT Program
Thinking about transitioning your fleet vehicles to EVs? Fleet electrification offers many benefits for your business, but requires careful planning to realize the benefits while maintaining the efficiency of your fleet.
We’ve developed a fleet electrification guide to help you understand your EV options and develop a plan that will work for your organization. Along with the guide, you’ll also see that we offer an assessment service to help determine how best to set up your facility’s electrical infrastructure for EV charging.
Installing public chargers
Are you a municipality, First Nation, local government or commercial property owner that’s considering building a public EV charging station on your property?
We provide industry-focused information and resources to help organizations create safe, usable and reliable public EV infrastructure in B.C.
- Best practices for fast charger design and operations
- Best practices for Level 2 charger design and operations
Help for condos & stratas
We've created a step-by-step guide outlining the process of getting EV charging infrastructure installed at multi-unit residential buildings. For help navigating your strata, check out how to request EV charging in your building or request support from an EV advisor. For further guidance, visit Metro Vancouver's site, evcondo.ca.
Learn about incentives for the installation of charging stations and related electrical infrastructure at multi-unit residential buildings.
See examples from stratas in B.C.
Learn how three stratas took three different approaches to adding EV charging to their multi-unit residential buildings.
Get a sticker, use the HOV lane
Have you ever noticed the big white OK decals on EVs as they whizz past you in the HOV lane? If you own an EV in B.C., you can apply for an HOV lane/electric vehicle permit and decal from the Government of B.C. which allows you to drive your EV in HOV lanes even if it's just you in the car.