Some B.C. communities offering rebate top-up
If you’re considering purchasing an EV charger and taking advantage of B.C.’s provincial charger rebate program some local governments are partnering with the Province and sweetening the deal. Check out the list below to find current rebate top-ups available for single-family homes, apartments/condos, and workplaces.
Enhanced rebates are also available for Indigenous communities.
As a reminder, here’s an overview of the base rebate offers provided by the Government of B.C.. Select a link below for complete offer details and eligibility criteria.
- For single-family homes – 50% of purchase and installation costs up to $350 for an eligible level 2 EV charger.
- For apartments/condos – 50% of purchase and installation costs up to $2,000 for an eligible level 2 EV charger. Up to 50% of costs up to $600 per EV Ready made parking stall. And up to 75% of costs up to $3000 for an EV Ready Plan.
- For workplaces – 50% of purchase and installation costs up to $2,000 for an eligible level 2 EV charger.
If a top-up is offered in your community, your maximum rebate amount increases to 75% of purchase and installation costs, or the dollar amounts listed below, whichever is less.
For single-family homes
The list below shows the local governments that are currently offering EV charger rebate top-ups for single-family homes. This also includes duplexes or townhouses with private garages or dedicated parking.
The list below shows the local governments that are currently offering EV charging rebate top-ups for multi-unit residential buildings including apartments and condos.
These offers are valid for buildings constructed prior to municipal bylaws requiring EV-ready parking stalls. Program maximums apply.
The list below shows the local governments that are currently offering EV charger rebate top-ups for workplaces.
Rebate values are per station. Program maximums apply.
Indigenous communities in B.C. are also eligible for enhanced charger rebate offers. Indigenous communities can get these rebates on eligible charger purchase and installation costs:
- Single-family homes: up to 75% of eligible costs, maximum $750.
- Apartment and condo buildings: up to 75% of eligible costs, maximum of $4,500 per charger
- Workplaces: up to 75% of eligible costs to a maximum of $4,000 per charger.
As a reminder, pre-approval is required before purchasing or installing any chargers.
How these offers work
There is no separate application for the enhanced rebates or top-ups (exception: Regional District of Nanaimo). Simply submit your application for B.C.’s charger rebate program. If approved, and if the home or workplace you’re installing the charger at is located in a community providing one of these offers, we’ll automatically add the eligible value to your base rebate amount.
These offers are available to eligible rebate applicants on a first come, first served basis.
Want to offer rebates in your community?
Local governments interested in offering top-ups can submit an inquiry to email@example.com.