Prices range depending on the station
Effective April 1, 2022, the cost to charge at BC Hydro EV stations is:
- 12.07 cents per minute for 25 kW charging (+5% GST)
- 21.13 cents per minute for 50 kW charging (+5% GST)
- 27.17 cents per minute for 100 kW charging (+5% GST)
Each session at our stations is billed per second. Following your charging session, you'll receive an emailed receipt with a breakdown of your charge, including how long you charged for (in minutes and seconds) and the session cost before and after 5% GST is applied.
Charging rates are approved by the B.C. Utilities Commission and are based on the maximum kW output of the charging station, not on actual kW output received or requested by the vehicle.
Parking fees may apply
Note that rates at fast charging stations don’t include parking fees. Be sure to check signage or PlugShare to see if a specific station requires payment for parking. Currently the following sites have a parking fee that’s collected by the site host:
- Vancouver – Homer Street (collected by City of Vancouver)
- Vancouver – Kerrisdale (collected by City of Vancouver)
For other charging networks in B.C., check PlugShare to find locations, charging costs and parking fees before you go.